Our services: green growth & sustainability
Starting with sustainability
Measuring and reporting
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
How to work in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals?
As part of the United Nations, the Irish government has set the target to reduce carbon emissions by 51% by 2030, and achieve a climate neutral economy by 2050.
If the government has planned a certain number of initiatives to reach the goals at the country's level, the Irish businesses are encouraged to play their part and invest in a green growth, with sustainable products and services.
Ireland follows the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
How can we help your business for the UNSDG?
We have been working on the UNSDG since 2009, helping hundreds of businesses to create and implement a strategy for sustainability in order to reach the goals.
Your company can be next, contact us.
Be part of the UNSDG18 for Ireland
In 2019, in the framework of COP25, the IMEDD, with the support of several governments and the United Nations, launched the UNSDG18 whose goals are:
- conducting research on Sustainability (countries and businesses)
- informing and communicating on countries and businesses commitments to reach the 17 goals of the UNSDG,
- promoting the most committed countries in Europe and at international in the framework of the United Nations.
Launch: UNSDG18 - December 2019 - COP25 (Monaco).
- Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy
Sustainable businesses for a responsible future
In the framework of the COP25 and following the impulsion given by the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the European Green Deal, the UNSDG18 proposes a sustainability deal for businesses whose management is entrusted to the IMEDD. This guideline refers to the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development in Businesses. The goal is to accelerate the commitments of businesses (taken into account in the calculation of the achievement of each country’s Sustainable Development Goals).
Corporate Social Responsibility for Businesses
What is our service for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)?
We can help your business define its Corporate Social Responsibility and set targets to reach the goals.
For more information, contact us.
- ESG reporting
We create your ESG report
- Greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions assessment
We measure your business' greenhouse gases emissions (GHG)
We assist your business in structuring the monitoring and measurement of its greenhouse gases.
Greenhouse gases directly contribute to the effects of climate change. Earth's greenhouse gases trap heat in the atmosphere and warm the planet. The main gases responsible for the greenhouse effect include carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and water vapor (which all occur naturally), and fluorinated gases (which are synthetic).
As part of its activities, your company produces greenhouse gases and the goal is to reduce this production.
We are able to assist your business within Ireland and also in other countries where your company is located, so that you can have consolidated data of your business' greenhouse gases impact. This regular measurement (each year) will allow your business to follow its Sustainability Plan and see the impacts of its actions on its GHG.
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
We write your GRI
We assist your company in the design and writing of its GRI (Global Report Initiative) to bring visibility to third parties in a common language and assessment.
The Standards are advancing the practice of sustainability reporting, and enabling organizations and their stakeholders to take action and make better decisions that create economic, environmental and social benefits for everyone.
- Sustainable procurement
Strategize sustainable procurement for your business
Sustainable procurement takes into account social, economic and environmental factors beside price and quality in the organizations' handling of procurement processes and procedures.
Usually, for sustainable procurement policies, businesses wish to limit risks.
They take into account several principles:
- Human Rights,
- Components of labor,
- Equality and Diversity,
- Environmental practices,
- Health and safety,
What do we do?
- We create a sustainable procurement policy for your business.
- We help you map your business' purchases and identify the strategic areas where to act.
- We conduct market research and international sourcing.
- Sustainable Transportation
Implementing a sustainable transportation policy
The negative impacts of transportation on environment can be listed as degradation of air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, increased threat of global climate change, degradation of water resources, noise and habitat loss.
Besides the environmental impact, transportation is a significant cost for businesses.
What do we do?
- We conduct research to study the use of transportation within your company,
- We measure the CO2 emissions of your business related to transportation,
- We help you design a sustainable transportation policy,
- We assist your business to re-organize its transportation system,
- We help your business federate its stakeholders in order to reduce the use of transportation,
- We design information and communication campaigns related to transportation.
- Energy Efficiency
Implementing energy efficiency
Understanding the energy use of your business and taking steps to become more energy efficient can benefit in a range of ways. Saving energy will help your business cut carbon emissions, reduce costs and enhance your image. Energy efficiency and conservation should be a part of your business planning.
What do we do?
- We conduct research to study the use of energy within your company,
- We measure the CO2 emissions of your business related to energy,
- We help you strategize your energy policy,
- We show you how to identify sources of energy savings,
- We help your business federate its stakeholders in order to reduce the use of energy,
- We design information and communication campaigns related to energy efficiency.
- Wood and Paper
Implement a sustainable policy to protect forests
Forests are a stabilising force for the climate. They regulate ecosystems, protect biodiversity, play an integral part in the carbon cycle, support livelihoods, and supply goods and services that can drive sustainable growth. Approximately 2.6 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide, one-third of the CO2 released from burning fossil fuels, is absorbed by forests every year.
What do we do?
We assist your business in its sustainability plan for a virtuous consumption of wood and paper:
- We help implement a sustainable policy for wood and paper,
- We assist your business to establish sustainable procurement practices for wood and paper products,
- We advise you on certified products (FSC, PEFC),
- We conduct research and sourcing to find responsible providers,
- We help you communicate on your commitments
- Social climate
- Employee & Customer Engagement
- Gender equality
- Integration of women
- Communication crisis
- Contact us
Get in touch with us.