The IMEDD, research institute specialized in environment and sustainable development, was assigned by the Monaco’s Government, the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and the NGO MC2D, to visit the Monaco Yacht Show 2019 to present and promote the Monaco Charter on Wood, the Monaco’s commitment to the fight against deforestation. The IMEDD was also assigned by the Direction of Communication of Monaco’s Governement to share information and communicate on the Monaco Sustainable Development Commitments, on the following topics:
- the International Panel Change on Climate Change (IPCC)
- the Monaco’s commitments for the seas and oceans
- the Monaco Energy Transition Plan
- the renewable energies in Monaco (sea and solar)
- the sustainable mobility solutions (bike sharing, car sharing, public transports, electric or hybrid vehicles)
- the sea extension
- the sustainable yachting
- the researches, information, education
The official press releases of Monaco’s Governement are available on IMEDD INFOS here:
Beside the requests of Monaco’s Governement and during the IMEDD’s meetings about the wood at the Monaco Yacht Show 2019, several foreign organizations of the sector of yachting encouraged the IMEDD to provide more information:
- to explain the vision of H.S.H Prince Albert II of Monaco for the Principality,
- to explain the plan of action led by Monaco’s Governement regarding environment and sustainable development.
Due to its two missions (The Monaco Charter on Wood and the communication on the Monaco’s Sustainable Development Goals), the IMEDD releases 16 short videos showing how Monaco drives change to implement sustainable solutions in the country following the goal of being Carbon Neutral by the year 2050.
Behind those videos, indeed many Monaco people and organizations commit each day. Each little action is added to an other, to build the Monaco’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Here are the topics of the videos proposed by the IMEDD regarding sustainable development for the yachting sector and also for the other related fields of activities:
(Each topic leads to a short video presentation)
- The Monaco Charter on Wood
- The use of wood in the sector of yachting
- The waste management in Monaco
- The making of responsible events in Monaco
- Sharing the best practices about the environment
- Planting trees with the Prince Albert II of Monaco’s Programme
- Sea and solar energy for Monaco (Energy Transition)
- Sustainable mobility in Monaco
- The packagings, the deliveries and the waste
- The support of the yachting sector for research
- Facilitating the environmental commitments
- Education to environment and sustainable development to drive change
- Safety on the sea
- Lifestyle around the Monaco harbour
- Commitment: being a Smart Nation
- Monaco, recognized by the world for its commitments for sustainable development
IMEDD thanks all the organizations that are part of those videos for their trust in letting IMEDD, this independent and neutral research institute in environment and sustainable development, present the Monaco’s Commitments for Wood and Sustainable Development.
IMEDD thanks the Monaco’s Government, The Prince Albert II of Monaco and MC2D for their support.
Some particular thanks go to the Monaco Yacht Show organization and the participants met by the IMEDD who accepted to share their commitments on wood and more generally their vision of sustainable development.
Research, information and communication project led by the IMEDD during the Monaco Yacht Show 2019.